Houston Home Care and Home Health
Most people I talk to in Houston would like to stay in their own home. But sometimes you may need some extra help to be able to do that. This is where Houston Home Care and Home Health services can help. Just because your parent is aging doesn’t necessarily mean they need or want to move from the comfort of their own home.
However, if your aging parent in has some health issues that are creating safety issues or just making life difficult to remain at home alone then you may want to explore the Houston home care and home health companies listed on this site.
So what is the difference between Houston home care and home health?
Good question. In a nutshell Home Health is a medically based service that is usually covered by Medicare, with a doctor’s orders. A nurse will usually oversee you care and develop a care plan for you. Home care is non-medical care and is often referred to as companion care. It is not covered by Medicare but may be covered by your long term care insurance or a Veteran’s benefit. The duties are usually provided by a caregiver often a CNA ( Certified Nursing Assistant) Let’s take a closer look at both options because at some point you may need both services.
- Skilled Nursing- including wound care, injections, home IV infusion, tube feedings, ostomy care, catheter care.
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy and more. Remember think medical.
- Assistance with bathing, dressing and toileting
- Meal preparation
- Grocery shopping
- Laundry service
- Light housekeeping
- Transportation to doctors, shopping or wherever you need to go
- Companionship and so much more!